This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the process for filing a court order on a facebook video?
11-09-2012, 07:33 PM
What is the process for filing a court order on a facebook video?
My sister (16 years old) was featured in an inappropriate video on facebook without her knowledge. We do not know who posted the video since it was posted on a fake profile. There is only one person who had access to the video, but they say they didnt post it. Is there any way we can file a court order to find out who posted the video? If so, what is the process? (sidenote: the video was just taken down, but we would still like to continue this process)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:42 PM

If it was taken down then most likely they won't follow through.Especially if the video was in a public place where there is reasonable acceptance you will be recorded for non comercial use. I don't think thee person needs permission either way. It was a bad judgement on your sisters part.

By the way this is facebook section. Check your category and post it in Law and Ethics section, you will get better advice..

Ads

I would talk to a lawyer or go to the local courthouse and ask.

Go to Bank.
Empty account and sell house!
Find any lawyer, they will all be willing to help.
Pop over you supermarket and ask for empty boxes, LARGE if possible.
Find shelter under a bridge or somewhere dry and wait!

Believe me, if you knew how much this happens you would know better. Let it pass. there are well over, well see link: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_hits_..._get_a_day

And that's just one site out of 300,000,000 which places the page-rate well above a trillion. It's not possible to manage this state of being without the participation of ALL those who use it!