This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Know your area high school policy on Myspace access for students?
11-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Know your area high school policy on Myspace access for students?
Over the holidays relatives were assuming one single parents concern over a daughter's myspace use were silly because she could "access it at her high school anyway." One assumed because he was in college that all schools provided access, but college students are of legal age. I didn't imagine many high schools allowed access to a site of so much controversy. Do you know what the policy on Myspace access on jr. or senior high schools in your area are and what do you think of the policies?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:42 PM

At the school I teach at, it is automatically blocked. If they manage to somehow figure out how to get on or around the blocks, a message is sent to the computer tech guy and he can see each webpage that anyone has been on. Each person, student and staff, has a specific user i.d. If they, students, are caught, they follow the discipline code outlined in the handbook.

Ads

11-09-2012, 07:42 PM

It's blocked at my school and unlike a lot of the other stuff they block, they actually have a right to block MySpace and Facebook. Who needs to check these during school hours when we all have a computer at home? And they can see what every single person's doing at any time, so we get in trouble if we were to succeed at finding a way around it - which basically requires a teacher's override.

The only thing I wish they didn't block was image searches - even if there is nothing inappropriate about what you want to search, you can't search it. Every search engine in creation is blocked.