This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do people find the internet as enjoyable to use compared to a few years ago?
11-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Do people find the internet as enjoyable to use compared to a few years ago?
I don't find it that fun anymore. It's very useful obviously, and I use it for work/study, gaming, keeping in contact with people... it just seems like people use it to be self-centred and plain rude to people (I'm not just talking about trolls). Meh. I miss how it used to be... but I was a kid then so maybe I remember it differently? I suppose it also depends what sites you go on. Does anyone else feel like this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:45 PM

Yes, I do.

Ads

11-09-2012, 07:45 PM

No. I started using the internet when I was 8 in 1998. Aol 2.0. Now the Internet blows. Bunch of egotists with nothing better to do than make websites about themselves and collect friends.

I played world of Warcraft and people called me a nerd, I mean I am, but come on, those same people spend their days growing a virtual farm on Facebook...

Facebook was cool before moms started using it. Before it became a family place and a thing of necessity. Now it's impossible to get away from. I personally don't have one because there are a lot of people I'd rather forget, and most people friend every single person they've ever met, even if just once.

Twitter has to be the worst invention ever. Its like opening your window and yelling hoping someone will hear you. Posting witty status updates or song quotes in hopes some will "like" your status. Google, Facebook, twitter and YouTube (owned by google) track everything you do and sell it to any company who will offer them money. Mark Zuckerburg even said the age of privacy is over, it's amazing to me people actually complain about not feeling private when they put their life stories online.

I miss AOL and napster when it was free. I miss talking to my friends on my buddy list.

I hate what the Internet has become. The forefront of "social" media when there is nothing social about parking your ass in front of a computer all day