This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I find something that was deleted off Facebook?
11-09-2012, 07:37 PM
How can I find something that was deleted off Facebook?
So, I have a feeling that I'm not going to get much help with this, but it's worth a shot.

My cousin posted one of those surveys on Facebook, and pretty much insulted my whole family. Needless to say, my brother said something, and she took it down. I was wondering if there was a way for me to either find this on Facebook somewhere, or find it somewhere in my computer's history (I use Firefox 4.0, if it makes a difference)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:45 PM

maybe try looking at the site the survey originated from? or looking at the "friend history" between the two of you?

Ads

well you can try to download all what u have posted on facebook.. you can do this by clicking on account menu on the top right corner and then by clicking on account settings.. then select "download my information" . after doing this.. try searching for the post. hope that helped.

You could use Ctrl-H to view history, although this might not display the page if it was taken down. Try clicking the 'back' button till you see the page again. Check your temp files: Start > Run > "%temp%". There might be a copy of the html page, although this is unlikely.

A better option is to use the Google Cache.
http://www.googleguide.com/cached_pages.html

1. Go to http://www.google.com
2. In the search box type in "site:facebook.com [Name of survey + other page info]"
3. Click search.
4. Find the page you're looking for and click on 'Cached' (it should be in blue letters).

You have to do this quick though, because Google could update its cache for that page, overwriting the one before it.

Good luck.