This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I communicate with my boyfriend overseas?
11-09-2012, 07:37 PM
How can I communicate with my boyfriend overseas?
I know there is email and facebook. But what other interesting or fun communication methods could i use?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:45 PM

Skype.

Ads

skype, telephone, emails, letters, parcels, MSN, Yahoo messenger, webcam ..............

yahoo/msn IM they allow real time communication and even let you have video calls --- you can see and speak to each other

Yeah, Skype is off the chain.
Helped me and my bf A TON when we lived 2000 miles apart.

msn live messenger is also good. it's really interactive. you can chat on video cam.

I've been in a LDR (long distance relationship) for over a year. When not together, we stay in touch in a variety of ways.

MSN, Webcam, Phone, txt msg, etc.. Important thing is to keep variety and avoid falling into a routine that becomes boring. A certain amount of boredom is expected, but you can find ways to surprise each other still. Like mailing a surprise package & having them open it on webcam. Could be a gift such as a DVD you can both watch together at the same time, then talk about the movie when it's over. You can both cook a new meal, something you both never had before, then eat it together for something fun to do. Play online games together. Take photo's of anything funny, strange or interesting in your life, then link it online to share.

And don't be afraid to take a day or two off from being in touch. It can mean you have more to say when you do spend time together.

Also, mentioning how you were thinking of them when they aren't around is always nice to say. Like "I heard a song on the radio today, made me think of you". It shows that although you're apart, you still hold each other in your thoughts each day.

Every couple is different so find out what works for you guys. If what you have is strong enough, then you'll last. If you're both willing to work on it, then it will be alright. Here's a website that may help you http://www.lovingfromadistance.com/

Good luck!