This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has Facebook helped you with anything?
11-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Has Facebook helped you with anything?
People keep bugging me about getting one, but I feel it won't benefit me. To me itz useless to have.

Iz Facebook helping you?
@ Siimple: What about using email?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:46 PM

I've learned how naive and ignorant the general public can be.

Ads

I think it only helps to lose your time.

Yeah facebook is definately worth getting. Especially useful if you ware in school, college, uni etc. as you can create "events" be it parties, outings or whatever. It saves the hassle of you calling everyone to ask if they can come. Also you can see what other guests are going to that event too! The biggest help for me however is when I first joined uni I couldn't remember names, so facebook definitely helped with this!

From a personal perspective i would not get one. it leads to hemoroids,
then again if you like creeping at peoples pics and getting poked go for it.

i got none anymore. no more hemaroids... ive been facebook free for half a year and im satisfied. let them facebook lovers all get deleted from the face of the world wide web.

Well it is not beneficial, if you know it would be something that would affect you in areas like school ect then i suggest you dont get one. If your like me and you feel it wont affect you then there is not hard in signing up for one Smile

andswer mine - http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...218AAhPTS2

Yes. It helped me to keep in contact with the relatives with whom I had lost contact with. We don't live near each other so FB is very useful for keeping in touch and sharing experiences with those who live far away. However,in ways I believe also that FB can be dangerous,if not used wisely. It really depends on how it is used.

From a personal point of view, facebook has been both beneficial to my life and also a hassle in some ways.

I had never met my biological father. I tried everything (and I mean everything) to try and trace him. I had no luck! By chance, my mother bumped into someone who knew the name of his younger daughter. Through facebook, I found her, met my father and now have a blossoming relationship with him, his partner, and my 2 brothers and 1 sister I never knew I had! :-)

But....I have also had trouble with random weirdos sending me messages and trying to add me, it has stirred trouble in various circumstances between friends and family due to the status updates being an easy way for people to indirectly insult or bad mouth others. And for some reason, there are sooo many people who choose to argue with their partners publicly over their facebook wall. Nothing is sacred to some people on there! As long as you use it to reconnect with people and are responsible, I think its a fantastic invention. I have found people on there who I haven't seen or heard of for 15 years or more which was really surreal and quite addictive to begin with.