This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I find classmates that have probably married and changed their last name?
11-09-2012, 07:40 PM
How do I find classmates that have probably married and changed their last name?
There are a couple of people I went to school with 4 years ago that I was really close with and I want to see how they are doing but I have no clue where to start looking. Its not serious enough to hire a private investigator or anything I just want to see if they are well. I switched schools and lost touch with them and Ive had no luck with Myspace or Facebook.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:48 PM

Hi Kanish

I am not totally sure this will help, there is a free people search at http://www.search-for-people-free.com
i am not sure how in-depth you can go and some of the services have to be paid for. It might be worth a try.

hope your searching goes well.

Ads

There are numerous sites that deal with classmates, in fact one is called that, another one that comes to mind is Yearbook. There is also a site that all you have to do is type the school name and the year your interested in and many schools are there. By the way this question has nothing to do do with Genealogy.

Try classmates.com. When I registered one can look at those under that school name, there are also announcements for reunions, my class year had a 5 yr reunion. You pay a fee to be able to send a message though. You can register under that school, just put last year there instead of grad yr of rest of class.

There are several social websites which specifically search for friends from schools, classmates, friendsreuntied and the other social networks like MySpace and Facebook........you can also look on the online directories for their parents name/address and contact them, giving your information and asking if they would pass it on to their son/daughter as you want to get in touch.................just to say my best friend from school and until I married and moved, she also married and moved to another area of the country and we have been looking for each other for years...my mum had moved so she couldn't find me and I went to look for her mum, no one answered the door and the neighbour didn't know her, although I now know the neighbour had only moved in a few weeks earlier.......we have just found each other and that was via friendreunited and Facebook

If they aren't on Facebook or MySpace they probably don't spend much time on-line.

You could call, write or e-mail the reunion committee for the school and year they graduated from, and ask if they would forward a letter. Ours has 200+ names out of 500 possibles.

You could look for everyone in the old town with their surname in an on-line nation-wide phone book and call them, if you have free minutes on the weekend or flat-rate long distance. You might find a brother, cousin or parent. If you do, tell them who you are and ask them to call your old friend with your contact info. That way they know you are not stalking or a flimflam artist.

Go to this web site and its main domain to try for free (you may not get detailed info for free). The knowledge of their most likely place of their living will greatly improve your chances of finding them.

Outside of classmates.com?

Contact the school in question and ask them.