This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how many of you have problems in your relationship because of facebook?
11-09-2012, 07:41 PM
how many of you have problems in your relationship because of facebook?
how many of you have fights with your boyfriend or girlfriend over facebook? i'm talking him or her getting jealous over walls posts and comments, your photos, or who you chat to. am i the only one facing this stupid problem? in my case its my boyfriend who gets jealous. how do you deal with it? i dont want to deactivate my account because of his insecurities. and i like him and he says i should be willing to compromise and change what upsets him. how do i win here?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:49 PM

Don't have problems in my relationship due to facebook. I would never let something so stupid interfere with my relationship. Not to mention I'm a mature adult, I realize that my boyfriend is allowed to have female friends, and he's aware that I'm allowed to have male friends.

I think if your boyfriend keeps starting arguments due to your Facebook activity, it only shows how insecure he truly is.

I mean HONESTLY that is YOUR account. You're allowed to put up whatever pictures you want, talk to whomever you want, and comment on whatever you feel like commenting on. If you're not being inappropriate, if you're not crossing any lines, if you're not flirting, or being trashy, or anything like that, then what's the big deal?

I don't think you should change anything just because it "upsets him." He needs to wake up and realize he's insecure, and work on himself. What does he think happens in the real world when something upsets him? That the world will just change for him? He needs to become secure with himself, trust himself, trust the relationship and trust you. Without any of this the relationship is doomed to failure.

Ads

11-09-2012, 07:49 PM

I'm so glad neither I nor my boyfriend get on those social networking sites much. Never had a problem over it though I know of a lot of people who do.