This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why Is Facebook saying I'm available for video chat if I've never downloaded it?
11-09-2012, 07:42 PM
Why Is Facebook saying I'm available for video chat if I've never downloaded it?
I do not use Facebook video chat, nor do I know how to. However, my girlfriend claims Facebook says I am available for Facebook video chat. I am at a loss of how this could be since I never downloaded Facebook video chat. I know on the chat box that it's an option, but I never clicked it.
I do have Skype which I used for business. Could this automatically feed through Facebook which would explain why this is happening?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:50 PM

Facebook does have video chat. I used it a couple times. To get it, you go to your chat box (the box on the right where it has all the people who are currently online and such) > Click a person you want to video chat > In the upper right corner of the chat box, you'll see a video camera looking button, click that, and go from there.

Ads

skype will feed through to facebook if your skype name is the same as your facebook url.
go figure

As far as I understand it, you don't have to have downloaded video chat in order for you to appear as available. You simply have to be online. I know this because when I go on the Rounds video chat app on Facebook (http://apps.facebook.com/chatrounds/conv...bannerid=0 ) it always says that everyone who is online in regular Facebook chat is available for video chatting, but I know for a fact that some of those people aren't even using a computer with a webcam connected. Wink