This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whats the difference between facebook and Myspace?
11-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Whats the difference between facebook and Myspace?
I've never had a Myspace, only a facebook, but whats the difference between the two?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:53 PM

myspace is more artistic and anonymous and a lot of people put artsy photos up and stuff

facebook is more your typical social networking site where you know everyone and you just have pictures with your friends and stuff

Ads

Also, i find that more northern people use facebook, for example most of Canada uses facebook instead of myspace, and usa is more myspace

My wife, 51, is a professional singer/actress who finds MySpace much more fun than Facebook but she has to maintain a Facebook presence for professional networking even though she finds Facebook itself rather boring.
However, even if Facebook is regarded as being slightly more sedate and respectable than MySpace, the disruptive teen element will soon screw that up as they seem to use networking sites solely for harassing, insulting and generally being unpleasant to people they don't happen to like.

Myspace has always been a blog site where you can put html and have crazy backgrounds, cursors, pictures, and whatever you wanna write...

Facebook was originally for college students only to socialize and work on homework (I remember when I had to have a college email address in order to be allowed to sign up). Now it is open to all and has applications (games and stuff), but still does not allow html and is not so much about blogging as it is about keeping in touch with friends.

Personally, I love facebook over myspace. Facebook originated as a way for college students to find their old classmates and to stay in touch. So the likelihood of you knowing people on your friend's list is higher. Also, more people are starting to use facebook because it is more of a network site, myspace used to be the site people would generally use to connect with strangers or locate old friends. It also has the reputation of being the hook up site. People would use it strictly to hook up with strangers. However, I believe now a lot of professional people have started using myspace so it is becoming more of a professional network. Personally, I've found several contacts through facebook, it feels more like a reliable circle of information and friends. I've been able to make real connections and achieve more with people I know on facebook rather than Myspace. Also, Facebook makes it easier to establish events and invites.

Myspace is more creative, you can have lots of different backgrounds and fonts. Also there are tons of fun applications you can add. And most of all more teenagers and young adults prefer Myspace most of the time.
Facebook is mostly just for you to go and message people. You don't get to change your background at all, it has a default. And Adults mostly go on it to connect with their old friend and family members. My step-dad has recently found at least 20 of some high-school friends and some good neighbors from his past.

Myspace is for basically teens.facebook is for like people in college and sometimes even adults

Myspace and facebook are 2 different Social Networks.

Myspace is a bit bigger with more spam while facebook is less customizable but cleaner and easy to orginize.

Visit the page on facebook and become a fan today!
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages...4422171410