This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you get an acting job on Disney or Nickelodeon?
11-09-2012, 07:46 PM
How do you get an acting job on Disney or Nickelodeon?
I am really wanting to be able to live my dream, but I live in the UK. So any tips/advice on how i can get an acting job? I'm 14.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:54 PM

Hey - I'm going through the same thing but I'm 16. Here is what I did.

Last summer when I was 15 I told my mother of my dreams and she got us on the first flight to L.A.
I'm working with an agent right now.

I realize everyone can't just hop on a plane so I'll just tell you what we're doing..

1) Practice, practice, practice! You need to have talent in order to get anywhere. Role play for a day - practice in the mirror and take classes at your school.

2) Work on your image. You need to decide what channel you want the most. Disney is geared to the younger audience and Nickelodeon is the more on the teen side.

I'm personally doing Nickelodeon - I grew up as a Nickelodeon kid, and a teen nick kid so that's why I decided to do that. Also you have a bit more freedom and less press.

You also have to be attractive, you want guys to be attracted to you and girls idolize you
(not to sound superficial but it is what it is). So you have to have an all around appeal - be gorgeous just with your presence - your attitude will make or brake you.

3) Answer to Disney/Nickelodeon auditions, especially guest roles!

4) Try to make it to L.A! Or get an agent and a skype account!

* Also keep in mind that fame isn't something that is easily gained - but once gained it's not easy to have a recommend. So I recommend you delete everything traceable to you because the media will rip you apart with things like this(yahoo answers), or Facebook. You can have a tumencouragedou're encouraged to have a twitter to reach out to your fans.

* DO NOT TRY AND GET A START ON YOUTUBE when you have an agent that is there job.

Hope I Helped!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply