This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it possible to close your facebook account down?
11-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Is it possible to close your facebook account down?
Ive just closed mine down its say deactivated.What will others find when they type in my name?
And am I permanently removed?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:55 PM

You did it correctly, it is just gone, and you can reactivate your account when you go into it again.

When you log into your account again it is active.

Ads

yes, you should be.

The account is only deactivated, anytime you sign in the account becomes active again.

BUT thanks to a yahoo member yes you can completely delete your facebook account.
(1) Sign in to your facebook account ( even if it is deactivated ). Now click settings and look down to the list of options to deactivate and click on that link. NOW click the BACK button on your browser tool bar and at the bottom of the page is a HELP link click it.

(2) You will now be presented with a page with a search bar at the top. Type the words Delete Account, when the page loads look down to the topic how to delete facebook account open that topic and read the topic, At the bottom of the topic there is a small hidden link saying HERE click the link.

(3) You will now be presented with a screen asking for your password and a set of Capcha words fill them in and click OK and after a moment the Permanently Delete Account dialogue box appears. Click Okay to finish up. Note that Facebook still retain the data for a further 14 days. Do not log on during that period and on day 15 the data gets zapped - Forever.

you are not perminately removed, if you put in your user name & password in, it will reactivate. if your friends search you, they wont find you until you reactivate your account

You need to not login for two weeks. Once the two weeks pass, it will be completely removed.

When you deactivate your account, it closes off all public correspondence with your page, and removes all correspondence you've made with other people's accounts. It will be IMPOSSIBLE to trace your account from someone else's page.

The reason you can't delete your account completely is to encourage people to come back to Facebook, so if they want to their profile will be already set up.

I would like to think that you were permanently removed after clicking onto deactivated account and following the step by step to close your account and for what others would find I would say they would fine nothing because you are not there if you know what I mean or it might say that the person has no longer has a account !

Yes you can. Just go to 'edit my profile' clear everything, your photo, email address, contact details and Bob's your uncle

I used this link. Signed in and then was told my account would be deleted within 14 days which it was. I have tried (to see if it worked) signing in but my user name & password comes up not recognised
https://ssl.facebook.com/help/contact.ph...te_account