This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to stop being so paranoid with relationships?
11-09-2012, 07:47 PM
How to stop being so paranoid with relationships?
My girlfriend and I are a good couple so far. It's just we have gotten into a couple fights because of my paranoia. I have a tendency to get scared of other guys taking her away and never feel comfortable. I don't know what to do to get rid of this paranoia... It's really bad too, as in I constantly am checking her facebook and IM status' to see of anything... Help? And be rational too please, not just like "stop caring and it's all good" That won't work, please and thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:55 PM

walk it off

Ads

Has she done anything to make you not trust her? If no, then don't spend your relationship worrying about something that hasn't happened yet. You are taking away valuable time from each other. If you two really care about each other, then you will treat each other with respect and trust. You have to trust her and that is something you have to develop on your own. Just relax and take it easy.

Delete your facebook. Honestly that's the best way to get rid of it. Facebook is awesome but it also provides couples with paranoia. Every poke, post, and comment leads to "why did you write that" and it's really annoying. If she hasn't cheated on you, then you having nothing to worry about.

Okay, this is a good question to say the least. The paranoia is normal, yours may be a bit bigger than most, but it's normal. The only thing you can do is believe in the fact that your her boyfriend, meaning she chose YOU, not any other boy, and why should she go out and choose one now? Honestly, if this paranoia doesn't stop, she might just, so you've got to calm down, how unhelpful of me, and trust her. Girls like that. We ladies aren't super up with the whole "me man, me save you" thing. Sure, it's sexy, but not when it's constant. Trust her sweetie, she chose you, not anyone else. And if you don't trust in that fact, then look into her eyes the next time you see each other, and if you've been together long enough, tell her you love her. If she says it back after a slight pause, not breaking eye contact, then she cares for you. Trust me, I know these sorts of things.

haha i'm the same way. like my girlfriend lives right next to her ex-boyfriend and they hang out sometimes and i hate that little prick. and every time she talks about him i try to change the subject.

its difficult but you just got to trust her and your relationship. if a guy keeps bothering her and she doesn't like it THEN you can tell someone off.

i'm the same way and it sucks. haha we just gotta deal wit it.