This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to log out of twitter on my ipod touch?
10-02-2012, 03:31 PM
How to log out of twitter on my ipod touch?
I have an ipod touch 8GB. people keep saying go to the three dots on the bottom right corner and I don't have the dots. so how can I logout. any help please.
And im not talking about the phone!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 03:39 PM

Go to the Settings app and scroll down until you see the option for Twitter. Tap on it and you'll see a few options—one for them being "@yourusername". Tap on the @yourusername option. You'll see your account information and at the bottom of the page there is a big red button that says "Delete Account". Tap on that. It won't delete your Twitter account; it'll only remove it from your iPod touch.

If you're having trouble finding these settings, then you're probably running a version of iOS before iOS 5, when Apple added Twitter integration. If so, I won't be able to help you because all of my devices are running the latest version, and I can't walk through the steps. To check your version of iOS, go to Settings > General > About. Scroll down until you see "Version". The latest version is 5.1, so if your version is older you want to go to Settings > General > Software Update. Let it check for an update, plug in your device so it stays charged, and then let it download and update itself. If your version is before 5.0, though, such as 4.3.3 or earlier, then you need to plug your device into iTunes on a computer to update to the latest version. Then you can follow the steps above to remove your Twitter account. If you don't want to update, then you're going to have to have a friend remove your Twitter account for you or figure it out yourself. Go into the Twitter app you use and find an option for "Settings". Look for something that's like "Sign Out" or "Delete Account".

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply