This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why do we only hear bad things about social sites like face book?
11-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Why do we only hear bad things about social sites like face book?
I have a lot of fun there and sharing photos and comments with friends and family is quick and easy, in fact ,it brings us closer.
What is your experience ,and if you don't have F/B or something similar ,why not?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:56 PM

Well, I have heard a few good things about Facebook, but nothing that would directly matter to me.

Facebook has added a "clause" that claims everything you post there... pictures, messages, etc... anything you post on that site is the property of Facebook and you have no say in it.
I find Facebook to be too impersonal.
I prefer to share with family and friends on a more private, personal level. Facebook is far from private, even with privacy settings.
Seriously, I'd rather be closer through phone calls, emails, snail mail, etc... where my business is still my business and doesn't involve a ton of strangers.
I think... I'd rather take the extra time to share with each family member or friend... one on one.

Ads

Roxy, I had a Facebook account for awhile, but I'm not very social, I guess. I only had friends that I knew personally, but was kind of taken aback by some of the things that were posted, silly stuff. Maybe if I were younger, I don't know. I ended up deleting the account because I didn't see the point.

cuz it isnt news unless its bad
they always report things like cyber bully or stalking or creepers on fb cuz its unusual but millions of people use it every day normally so thats not really news and you dont here about it
like how many millions of people drive cars, but you wont hear about people driving til there's a fatal accident, same thing
but also last year it was people posting on fb and twitter that started the revolutions in egypt and middle east so that was positive
but usually its only news when something is f---ed up

You almost answered your own question: Why do we HEAR... People love spreading bad news. Good news doesn't make them tingle the same way. In the same vein, why does the newspaper spend a whole page on the one murder in the neighborhood last night when there were 150,000 people who did not die, some of whom did interesting and important things?

While I am admiring a sunrise, there will be someone standing right next o me complaining about the one cloud in the sky. Human nature tends toward the negatve for many people. Not for you or me, tough. Keep focusing on the bright side which, in the end, is often the far more important part of life's equation.

Like Breezey said, everything you post on there is theirs and is also never deleted even if you click on "delete".

But I personally don't care. Now I don't post that much anymore, but if they're satisfied watching my pictures and reading what I'm doing... okay why not haha... I'm always happy about more fans of me! :-P

But it's the same with Apple right now: If you have an iPhone, there is a new feature called iMessage. The difference is the messages are blue instead of the usual green. These blue messages go thru the internet (3G) and not your available sms. So let's say you have 2000 texts in a month and you write 1000 to another iPhone which has internet and iMessage, you will still have 2000 texts at the end of the month. Since these go trough the internet, they must be stored somewhere: On Apple servers. You send the message to the server, and the receiver picks it up from the server. But again, if they find it interesting what I'm eating and where I go, fine haha. I wouldn't know what they could do ;-)

It is the same with a lot of things Like we hear right away about a shooting at a school,but never about the many times that a home owner or business owner is saved because they had a gun to protect themselves. I don't do Facebook .

hello roxy

i just typed out a super long post on this very topic, i don't expect anyone to read it but, just in case you're interested in what i and others had to say about social networking, here's the link:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...854AAn7SPV

Smile

I have not found anything bad about it other than it's boring after a while. I do have friends and family on there but we can talk on the phone just as easy...

Face book is a good site if used correctly like anything to do with medi , I like to catch up with daughter over sea's and the pictures are uploaded instant and I can see her as she is doing what ever she may want to share without going into great detail it is all there in picture her family