This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to bond with my father that I just met?
11-09-2012, 07:49 PM
How to bond with my father that I just met?
I just met my real biological dad over facebook. He says he wants to meet somewhere and just get to know me, he says if I want to bond with him or kick him to the curb is my business. I told him I really want to get to know him and his family. I was wondering how I could do that without being awkward and just barging into their lives? I'm 14 btw.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:57 PM

Take it slow, and just be yourself.

Ads

i actually first met my biological father recently, i was 15 and i took 2 of my friends with me the first time. My bestfriend went every time after that for a couple months. anyways the point is friends help, less awkward.

hes your dad no matter what...... ur not barging in because he comes with a package and you are part of it! do your own thing with your dad first see how it goes then from there involvie his new family but take ur time for that the important part is u and ur dad.

Take it slow and meet him for lunch a few times. Maybe when you get more comfortable you can spend an afternoon with him, and then eventually get to know his family. You shouldn't be pressured into doing anything that you don't want to do.