This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think the X-factor appeals to the worst in human nature?
11-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Do you think the X-factor appeals to the worst in human nature?
Do you think it is bullying dressed up as harmless fun.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:58 PM

Agree with you. It is one up from cleaning the sewers with a toothbrush - and then brushing your teeth.

Ads

11-09-2012, 07:58 PM

I don't really agree with that. I have however not watched Xfactor UK but only Xfactor USa and all I see is that a lot of people suddenly want to be contestants on the next Xfactor, when there are other talent shows, such as American Idol which started just now and Britain got talent where all ages can compete and Britain got talent and America got talent are very versatile shows with all different ranges and varieties of talent..magicians, contortionists, danger acts, singers, dance acts, silly acts, inventive creative acts...and they have a lot of talent there as well and the winner gets $ 1 million and a headlining show..in Las Vegas if they are on America got talent and last year Britain got a great winner...Jai McDowall who won has an incredible voice and I loved when he sang a song of one of my favourite male singers.''' to where you are'' and as much as I really like Josh Groban..he and Jai McDowall performed together in September or October 2011 in Dublin and Jai's voice was every bit as good as that of Josh Groban..and I am a Josh Groban fan...Really liked Jai on Britain got talent..he deserved to win last year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVH1DADREFs

what I find is that people get blinded by the chance of perhaps winning 5 million...and they don't realize that in the end only one person or one group can get that recording contract worth that much money and they are good but their singing is not better than that of some other great stars who have performed on Britain or America got talent or on other talent shows...

I did not see bullying. I don't know ..the American judges were giving praise and criticism but that's their job and they also have to give constructive criticism ...and if one wants to become a singer one takes that and one accepts it as advice and tries to do better ...as it's meant to help them...the only thing that is stupid if the judges pick fights amongst themselves...that's a bit childish and the emotions sometimes get out of control not just amongst contestants who get eliminated but amongst the judges as well..
I don't see that cameraderie on the Xfactor as I see on American idol...and I have nothing against Steve Jones as a host...he just doesn't have the charisma of Ryan Seacrest who hosts ''American Idol''..x

PS. Some people can turn spiteful against some of the contestants if they show too much emotion when they get eliminated and call them dumb names..maybe you mean that as ''bullying'' but in the music business or in showbusiness this is a part of reality one has to live with and accept if one wants fame..so even if I personally am not a Justin Bieber fan..I like his attitude because he gets a lot of hate mail on twitter or on facebook or sometimes others praise him but he deals with haters in a very mature way for a 17 year old and has the self confidence one needs to survive in this business because if you are a celebrity there will always be people who love you or hate you and that's sad but that's reality and that you get recognized wherever you go if you are really famous like some of the great singers or actors...or performers...that's a prize they have to be willing to pay...a lack of privacy, the paparazzi will be following them...so one has to think twice if one can handle that and if one does want this..so the passion and the drive to be a singer or an actor have to be strong as well as the talent and the ability to connect with the audience and to be self confident..and to not ever respond to any mail a cyberbully sends you...that's what they want so the best is to ignore it or show it to parents..then block this person and delete this person...and ignore what they write..and never respond to it...x
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVH1DADREFs