This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I block people just from my status updates?
11-09-2012, 07:50 PM
How do I block people just from my status updates?
I want to block someone from seeing JUST my status updates on facebook- the ones i've already made. I realize you can customize who sees your status BEFORE you make it- but how do I block it after the fact? I went to the "posts by me" section of privacy and selected to hide it from that person- but then I previewed my profile to see how they see it, and my WHOLE wall was blocked from them- that isn't what I wanted. can anyone help?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:58 PM

I'm having the same issue. Facebook's privacy setting page makes it appear that you should be able to block JUST posts by you, JUST posts by others, JUST photos, and so on, separately, yet adding a person or list to only those blocked from seeing "posts by me" blocks my entire Wall for them.

This did not used to be the case. I don't know if Facebook has changed policy, or if it's a technical problem (if it's a technical problem, I wonder how many people it's affecting?), but it's very annoying, since my mother just added me as a friend, and I'd like to block her from seeing my posts without making it look like I'm shutting her out from my entire Wall.

Here's FB's official explanation of Wall privacy settings, which doesn't address the problem at all:

"There are three types of content on your Wall, and you can control who can see them by following the instructions below.
"Posts your friends leave. Posts, comments, and other things your friends leave on your Wall are controlled by a group of settings in the "Sharing on Facebook" section on the Privacy Settings page. To adjust these settings individually, follow the "Customize settings" link and scroll down to the "Things others share" section.
"Posts you create. Status updates, photos, links and other things you post are controlled by the "Posts by Me" setting in the "Sharing on Facebook" section on the Privacy Settings page. Follow the "Customize settings" link to adjust this setting individually. Keep in mind the "Posts by Me" setting is a just default for things you post. You always have the option to adjust the privacy for individual posts before you share them by clicking the lock icon directly from the Publisher.
"Recent Activity.... [more at link]

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply