This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are peoples view on E-Dating?
11-09-2012, 07:50 PM
What are peoples view on E-Dating?
Just a random survey, I personally think it's okay if you know the person fairly well and you feel confident.
This sets asides the whole 'pedo' issue.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 07:59 PM

it`s cool just be careful

Ads

E-Dating has two sides. One side is that a previously unhappy, lonely person tries it and makes lots of new friends and feels great. Other side is a person who is unhappy and lonely but still can't make friends online, making them feel even worse. I personally think it's a waste of time as anyone can be anything over the internet, you need face to face interaction to really get a feel for someone.

Unlike in realife where girls dont have a label too say whether their single dating or married, or open too a relationship, Online they do, so you know even before you message them that their looking for someone.

Its someone a club near me actually does once a month they have a night where you wear a tag saying if your single or not. It makes it alot easier.

The way i see it if their are 2 lonely people out their who havent managed too meet the right person in real life then E-dating may allow them too finally meet someone

Please excuse me for seeming a bit stupid here, but if you know the person why would you need the internet to date them?

That point aside, I think internet dating is a good thing. In today's world of non-stop, almost abusive, "communication" from all sides - internet dating sites provide a useful filter.

When I was a teenage, and even twenty-something, singleton - a phone number was a precious thing. It was a link to the very woman of your dreams. Nowadays it is merely another piece of information dished out by rote as part of our ever "communicated" lives.

I believe that the very concept of "privacy" is being lost on society, and it's all the Internets fault!

Yet, the dating sites remain. Why is this? I believe that it is because now, people feel that they are the only place where they get to remain private! As in, only invited people can see their innermost feelings.

I feel that internet dating sites will be the saviour of mankind.

Let's face it - if Hitler had a Facebook there would never have been World War II.

If the Belgrano had been on Twitter, there would never have been an outcry.

If Saddam needed friends on Farmville, there would never have been either of the wars in Iraq.

The internet is laying people bare, and internet dating sites are starting to build up an online mystique for people now. The tables have truly turned!