This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
When you block someone on twitter that follows you on Twitter, can they still read your tweets?
11-09-2012, 07:52 PM
When you block someone on twitter that follows you on Twitter, can they still read your tweets?
When you block someone on twitter tha tfollows you, can they still read your tweets?
I just blocked a lot of people.
I don't want them reading my tweets.
I tweeted their names a couple of times but I don't want them to follow me.

I've changed my security so as they have to ask permission to follow me. but what can i do about the people who already follow?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:00 PM

If you block them they can't follow you. If you blocked them while they were following you then will be forced to unfollow.

Ads

11-09-2012, 08:00 PM

To answer your question straight up - Yes.

When you block someone on twitter, literally all that you are doing is breaking the following bond, meaning that neither of you are able to follow eachother.

However, the person you blocked could quite easily search your name and read through your tweets. Having your account on private does prevent this but it is an annoyance to some people as they can't really be bothered requesting to follow someone. More over, people are now unable to retweet or favourite anything you write.

My advice is to either change your @name or create a new account, depending on how many tweets you've done.