This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I lose weight?
11-09-2012, 07:52 PM
How can I lose weight?
I'm 15, 5ft 1 and 120 pounds. I want to be 100 pounds as soon as possible.
How could I go about doing that.
I workout 5x a week (3 are running sessions, 2 are resistance)
I eat really healthily but nothing seems to work!

Help me please!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:01 PM

positive attitude is very important for successful weight loss and weight management. To lose weight permanently, you must make a commitment to gradually adopt a healthier way of life.

You can control your weight. To lose weight, you must eat fewer calories or burn up more calories than you need. The best way to lose weight is to do both.

Following a very low calorie diet can leave you feeling deprived and can increase the temptation to binge. Often, very low calorie diets make you lose muscle instead of fat. You are then left with a body that jiggles instead of one that is smooth and toned. Exercise helps you keep the muscles and lose the fat.

Very low calorie diets also lack many important nutrients, putting you at risk of becoming malnourished. Most importantly, research shows that people who follow these diets usually gain all their weight back. People who lose weight slowly by eating less and exercising more tend to keep the weight off.

Determine your BMI

There are several ways of measuring your ideal body weight. One of the most popular methods to gauge whether or not you are overweight is the body mass index (BMI). The BMI uses a mathematical formula that measures both a person's height and weight in determining obesity. To calculate your BMI, multiply your weight by 703, and divide the answer by your height in inches. Divide this figure by your height again.

(Weight in Pounds x 703) / (Height in Inches) = BMI

For example, a 250-pound person at 5’10" would have a BMI of 35.86. People with BMIs of 25 and above are considered to be overweight. Having a body mass index over 30 places you at risk for developing obesity-related medical conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure and coronary artery disease. A BMI over 40 indicates that a person is morbidly obese.

How many calories do I need?

Everyone's energy needs are different, but there are ways to estimate how many calories you need. One easy method is based on your activity level. Decide whether your activity level is low, moderate or high. Pick one of these definitions:
Low -- You don't participate in any regular physical activity, or you are involved in recreational activity only on the weekends.
Moderate -- Your physical fitness program includes aerobic activity for 30 to 60 minutes at least three times a week.
High -- You exercise vigorously for 60 minutes or more at least four times a week.

Next, find your activity factor by using the chart on the right. Look for the number where your activity level matches your weight status. Multiply this activity factor by your weight to estimate how many calories are needed to maintain your current weight.

To lose weight: Subtract 250 calories to lose 1/2 pound per week. Subtract 500 calories to lose 1 pound per week.

Ads

11-09-2012, 08:01 PM

That's totally doable. I lost 80 pounds in 7 months and here's what i did:

Food:

it is absolutely vital before anything else that you do NOT break this rule: drink between 64 and 120 ounces of ICE COLD WATER a day. What i did was get a 64 ounce bottle or jug, fill it with water, and then before i went to bed it had to be emptied at least once. I cannot stress how important this is to help you lose weight quickly. DRINK YOUR WATER, no joke.

ok, what you want to do is follow a 1500 calorie-a-day diet with NO refined sugars or starches, that is, no cakes cookies, pies, white bread, pizza, etc. you know, if its doughy dont eat it.

Also limit your intake of carbonated beverages to no more than one a day, and make sure its diet (diet coke, diet pepsi, whatever you like the most) Avoid them if possible but i didnt and lost weight so, there ya go)

avoid fried foods like the plague. They are LOADED in saturated fats.

dont eat pork or pork products (ham, porkchops, bacon)

have most of your lean proteins come from chicken and fish, tuna in water is excellent. You want at least 50 grams of protein a day

2 servings of fruits and 3 servings of vegetables a day. Make sure 3 quarters of your plate include veggies

if you pan fry something, use fat free pam nonstick spray or extra virgin olive oil

no high fat cheese, cream, or oils like veggie or canola oil.

DO eat 2 servings a day of WHOLE GRAIN breads, pastas or rice...BROWN, not WHITE

dont eat 3 hours before bed. that is, if you go to bed at 10pm, 7pm is your cut off.

i did mention water right?

follow this diet 6 days out of the week. yes, 6. Why not the whole week? because you want to give yourself 1 reward a week, pick one day and have that be your reqard day. I used monday because mondays always sucked anyway and i wanted a pick-me-up. ONE serving of something you love, whether it be cake, pie, pizza, ice cream, chocolate, you choose, but dont go ballistic and eat all of these things....its a reward, not a liberty.

EXERCISE:

you want to do at least 30 minutes of cardio exercises a day, whether that be running, walking, dancing, jumping rope, anything that gets your heart pumping high.

message me on tumblr or twitter (GoldenYasmin) for the other exercises you can do at home. no more than 15 minutes and you can do these in the privacy of your own bedroom, wherever you want. Just too detailed to spell it all out here

good luck Sweety!!