This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does any one know of a good attorney who will fight CPS in Montgomery County, TX?
11-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Does any one know of a good attorney who will fight CPS in Montgomery County, TX?
I have consulted with one attorney and she is just telling me to divorce my husband and make it easy for CPS to give my kids back. WTF? What ever happened to preserving a family? I am looking for a lawyer who will actually fight.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:03 PM

Contact the court and ask them if they can tell you how to get in touch with the "B.A.R". Or your state attorneys office. They may be able to refer you. The B.A.R is where lawyers are registered.

Ads

You can try this site from the TX State Bar: http://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?...t_main.cfm

I tried to do it for you but you need to put in both a city and a county to search. Also select "divorce and family law" from the drop down menu to find lawyers that practice in family law.

The TX State Bar also has a lawyer referral service. You can contact them either online, here: http://www.texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?...vice_LRIS_ or by phone at (800) 252-9690. They can help refer you to a lawyer or agency that practices in the area you need. This might be a good bet if you're looking for free or low-cost legal services.

Good luck!

If things your husband did got your kids taken away, then divorcing him would help you get your kids back. You have to choose him or your kids.

you can go to fightcps.org to find lawyers in your state. You can also look up AFRA and they have a group on facebook that would be helpful for you(afra= american family rights association). If the father is abusing the children then you shouldnt be with him, but if its over something stupid like he had some bud in his pocket and got caught, then chances are it wont do anything to divorce him. I got rid of the father who did nothing wrong because they were threatening that I would never see my child again, and now 4 months later they still have not given him back and only attacked me worse, and tried to manipulate me more. It really didnt do anything and now I have to raise my child all by myself because the father will no longer speak to me. You'll have to weigh what the circumstances in your case are. unfortunately around the city I live there are NO good lawyers whether someone has the money or not, so instead of being the good mother I could be, I am now having to spend all my time studying law. If you dont learn the laws you will not be likely to win because cps is a monster who stomps on everyones rights, I couldnt believe it the first time I heard a caseworker lying under oath about me in order to kidnap my child but this is all about money to them. Our children are only dollar signs. And as sick as that is, thats the reality. We expect the state to protect children when they cant budget or keep our country from going to war and slaughtering children over seas. Why would I think that this country upholds it's freedoms? Good luck with everything.