This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A cheaper way to market me and my husband wanting to adopt?
11-09-2012, 07:55 PM
A cheaper way to market me and my husband wanting to adopt?
Almost every agancey wants 9,700-15,000 dollars just to market us. In michigan that is obsurd. Is there a cheaper way to get the word out. In michigan. Plz

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:03 PM

That is a noble action. I would advise you to advertise using social networks as there are many which you could narrow down to your place of stay. Another effective way is the forums. Use Google ad key in forum + adoption. You will get many relating to it and find the best few and start advertising. Caution, there are many con or illegal promotion made online. Choose wisely. All the best for your new family.

Ads

Do you realise how appallingly your question reads?

Adoption is about the child's best interests NOT you selling yourselves to mothers considering adoption. Do the decent thing and look at adoption from foster care.

@Tonikay ~ thanks for the giggle as you dont know me, I don;t need to forgive myself and my choice was to parent but I love delusion comments aimed at me. Must be doing something right here to get juvenile attacks

Ummm, make your own baby?

They're expensive because women who give their children up to strangers are very rare.

Look into foster care--it's a way to adopt a child who actually needs parents.

Adopt through foster care. It's inexpensive and the kids are really in need. You probably won't get a shiny fresh newborn though.

Why not become foster parents and adopt that way?

That is ridiculous. Go to a jewish family services nonprofit or a catholic charities nonprofit.
Ignore P. She still has not gotten over giving up her child. She should. She did what was best at the time. She should forgive herself.

Adoption is expensive.

That seems excessive.

There are ways that you can market yourself. If you belong to a church/synagogue/temple etc.,, talk to the priest/pastor/rabbi in charge and ask him if he knows anyone who is thinking about adoption. Also, talk to co-workers and friends. There is bound to know someone who knows someone who knows someone and who might be able to get you in touch with someone who is thinking of adoption.

Also, talk to your company's HR department. Some companies help with adoption costs.

Also, some people take out ads in Penny Savers or other store magazines. Some set up their own websites or take out billboards. On Facebook, there are some prospective adoptive parents who have made their own pages. It's free as is putting your profile on some adoption websites. Some websites charge a fee but it is bound to be cheaper than the price you are quoting which is exorbitantly high.

OR you can just change agencies. You can also call the local hospital and ask if there are adoption support groups. If you get involved with one, not only will it help with the roller coaster of emotions that you will go through, the other mothers or prospective mothers can give you tips on what worked for them.

Good Luck.

Wow ! Talk about cheapstakes !

Imagine your adoptee finding out they were not worth 9,700-15,000 dollars "just to market us" (yeah, because after that you have attorney- court- and agency fees) to you???

Vulnerable single mothers are conned into surrendering their babies by promises that their child would have "a better life". How can you offer a better life if you have no money?