This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Friend Is Over My House And She Just Wants To Use my laptop?
11-09-2012, 07:55 PM
My Friend Is Over My House And She Just Wants To Use my laptop?
Okay, so she is over my house and she does not want to do anything else but be on facebook on my laptop. My First acting class is Saturday THIS Saturday, and while I am looking up stuff for my acting classes she is sitting over my shoulder puffing, when we tried to play the kinect she just wanted to be on MY laptop at MY house!!! What to do?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:04 PM

Just let her use your laptop. What are you 10?

Ads

Tell her, "Is this all you came for? LET'S GET TO WORK GIRL!! CMON!!!"

Not much of a friend, send her home.

Tell her that unless she wants to hang out with you, she can stop coming over, and take away the laptop.

I know it can be annoying when a friend comes over and wants to do something that well, doesn't involve you whatsoever. That's pretty frustrating - it happened to me, too, a lot when I was younger.

All you have to do is just not have the laptop out when she comes over from now on. Just say 'oh the _____ died, so it's at the computer store getting repaired' or 'oh my mother/father's using it to balance the checkbook'.

Oh this girl used to do the same to me. Tell her, if you wanna hang, lets chill, not stay on my computer the whole time.

1. If you have a smart phone give her and tell her to use face book on that.
2.Tell her how important is your class and how much you are interested in taking that class.
3.If you don't want to explain/fight you can sleep or do something else when she is using your laptop.wake up and use when she is sleeping so that u don,t have any disturbance also.

I suggest that you not make your computer available to her, or to anyone else who is not a member of your immediate family. Since you apparently have allowed her to use your computer in the past, you will have to tell her that this is a new "family rule", because of battery life issues, the danger of computer damage, and because of family privacy. If she really is a friend, it will be OK. If she is simply a user, you will find that out, too.

By the way, computers are available for free usage at almost all pubic libraries, which you might want to mention to her.

Good luck!

She is just using you. If she comes over again and you say your internet is out or your laptop is at the shop. I'd bet she would suddenly have to go.