This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what are some cute names for blogs that are about cooking?
11-09-2012, 07:58 PM
what are some cute names for blogs that are about cooking?
I am bringing back to life my great grandma's recipes. She has thousands of them and I am going to make them all, post pictures, and share these amazing dishes! I want her spirit to be spread to everyone and also incorporate my religious beliefs into it as well. I plan on putting a piece of scripture along with each recipe. Thank you so much for your help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:07 PM

Taylors Cute Kitchen
Grandmas Girls Recipes
Jesus' Little Kitchen helper

Those are Cute!!!

Ads

I really want to wish you good luck with your endeavor. That's great that you want to bring your great grandmother's recipes to the world. I only have one of my great grandmother's recipes, well actually, only a description from my deceased mother, Rose Petal and Lobster Salad - I made it for my birthday this year, and it was just as good as my mother claimed.

When I was thinking of a good name for my food blog, it was a theme that finally did it. The theme for http://the-good-plate.com is a plate with utensils, thus The Good Plate.

Choose a name that is easy to remember, but not too close to an existing expression. Some people think it's The Blue Plate, and not The Good Plate - see what I mean? Get a domain name that matches your blog name as closely as possible. Try to get relevant keywords in your blog and domain name. If your great grandmother had an easy name to remember, but not the most popular, like Jane, you could incorporate her name in the blog name.

Personally, I like WordPress, and suggest it for your blogging software. Why? Because it's a very simple installation, and most web hosting companies offer installation for free - and even if they don't, it's still a simple installation. WordPress is also not proprietary like Blogger.

Please let us know what you decide, and feel free to message me if you want or need help. I would love to see some of those recipes. If you're on Facebook, please feel free to drop a line or two at The Good Plate.

get stirred up