This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my name on a search site?
11-09-2012, 08:00 PM
my name on a search site?
i found a web site called 123people.co.uk, when i type my name in i come up??? wheres the privacy? and how do i remove it?
how scary! might delete everything now than u :O)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:08 PM

There is no such thing privacy on the internet, everything is indexed and cataloged by some search engine someplace.

Oh look here you are again:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=c...=&gs_rfai=

Ads

11-09-2012, 08:08 PM

Unfortunately there is no quick fix to this. I have just looked at this site and it appears to hook into various social networking sites like LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc. If you are registered with any of these and do not select the correct privicy levels then you will find that your profile is listed and available on most search engines (e.g. Google). What I would suggest is looking on any social networking sites that you use and make sure that you have selected the "keep my details hidden except to confirmed friends" or equivalent.

Sorry I cant be more exact, but they will all be slightly different. The other thing to remember is that even when you select this option, your details are now already stored on the search engines. These are updated periodically and should after a while remove your details - but this is likely to take weeks or months!

I hope this helps and the moral is to be very careful what you register your details on.