This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want a facebook, my parents won't let me?
11-09-2012, 08:00 PM
I want a facebook, my parents won't let me?
I really want a facebook so I can keep in touch with my in Mexico who was a foreign exchange student here, and my friend who moved to Alabama. My parents think it is stupid and unsafe to have a facebook. My closest friend who goes to my church got one and her parents think it is ok. So, how do I get my parents to let me have one?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:08 PM

make one anyway or get your friend's parents to convince your parents

Ads

maybe try to show them what it is how it works and tell them only people u want to see it will see it and tell them hey even they can make one and they can see everything u are doing ~ if u even want to bring that up .lol~. good luck!

Ephesians 3:1 "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right."

do some research and tell them pros and cons about it.

I'm lucky that parents let me have a facebook, but i does matter how old you are. If your 13 or older you can legally have a facebook.

Tips:
- Let them know you password
-set the main email to theirs or a family email so they can see your notifications in the emails
- if they have facebooks let them add you or add them yourself

Tell her just to have a look at the site itself show her the saftey of the site there should be a link on the opening of the page that if you click will tell you how facebook trys to keep you safe, you could always get her to sign up and get her to let you use her accoount in witch then she will know what you are doing one, alternativly not the best idea but just get one and don't tell her Tongue but I don't reccomend that

I don't know. Have you proven to them that they can trust you? Do your school grades suck or are they good? If they're good, like all A's and B's, then tell them that. Simply say, "Hey, I get great grades while there are other kids out there with F's that can do more than me." Maybe they'll listen to that?

Also, if you can't get them to let you have a facebook page then don't go behind their backs and make one. Not only can they find out through the computers' history, but once they find out your computer time will go down the toilet. So obey them, and ask. If they don't let you, that's that, you can wait a few years before you're older.

P.S. I bet when you become an adult, there will be something better than facebook.

Assure them you are in complete control of who you add as friends and who you speak to. Tell them you will never speak to any strangers and tell them about your friend with the account. Get your parents to speak to her parents.

Well, it wasn't easy convincing my parents to let me have a Facebook, but now I have one, and here's how I did it:

1.I told them that if I could get a Facebook account,then they could add me as one of their friends

2.I let my parents check my account every 2 weeks

and........

3.Your friends can only see your profile. If you get a Facebook account, you can change the privacy settings so random people can't add you as their friend, only you could add certain people of your choice.

Facebook is not stupid at all. Actually, it's safer than Myspace. Facebook is used to help connect with friends and family wherever they are. Facebook really helped me a lot. It just helped me connect with the people in my life.

Personally, if I was your mom or your dad, I would let you have a Facebook account.