This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If i were looking for someone in Ireland how hard would it be?
11-09-2012, 08:02 PM
If i were looking for someone in Ireland how hard would it be?
Im in Dallas TX USA and looking for my biological father, I am not sure if you all have the resources we have here...I have other family there and they tried to look him up in the phone book but found nothing.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:10 PM

very hard

Ads

It shouldn't be that hard.
Try to find out some names of his close family here, and try the phone book for them. Google them too, especially if they're young (tons of young Irish people use Bebo etc).

If you know the town/city/area you're looking in, I don't think it'll take too long. I'm not sure what 'resources' you mean, though?

Contact the Salvation Army's family tracing department.

There are many resourses here to trace you father, a safe bet to start with would be the salvation army.They could also point you in the right direction to other agencies.
I wish you the best of luck.

There are lots of services to trace missing family members another thing to do if you cant trace him is too look up the family tree and try and trace other members of the family who may be in contact with him. Things like friends reunited and facebook can help looking up the area your birth father lived at and any local forums about the area asking direct questions to the users to see if they have any local knowledge.

A lot of Irish people leave Ireland and go to US UK Canada and Oz so you may have to do a worldwide search which is why I suggest tracing the family tree to see if anyone in the family remained and has his address.

Good luck in your search.