This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i start a fundraiser to support Autism?
11-09-2012, 08:06 PM
How do i start a fundraiser to support Autism?
My sister is very interested in supporting Autism through the internet. How would she come to do this?

She would like to do it through facebook. Is there a way to start your own Autism website?

Suggestions?
-Dustin

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:14 PM

first step is to register with the state/federal gov's...you do not want to start a charity and have some one claim that you are using the money for something else.

Ads

She doesn't have to spend money. If she just finds someone with any form of Autism and becomes their friend and helps them with their day to day activities and teach her friends what autism is and how it is serious, then that would be more than enough Smile

Contact a legitimate autism support group and get together with them. They not only have good ideas and appreciate efforts of others, they have the tax-deductible status from IRS so donors are more likely to contribute.

first start making flayers for people to come start passing them out at church, neighborhood meetings or any gather
I would start with a crop walk its excercise and fun, ask for donations and get sponsers for autism

good luck Smile