This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it illegal for someone to take a picture and you in your home in your kitchen in your pajamas post it?
11-09-2012, 08:06 PM
Is it illegal for someone to take a picture and you in your home in your kitchen in your pajamas post it?
my son was on skype with his father and my son was showing him a picture of something that he had done when he turn the webcam around his wife took a picture of me and posted it on facebook 4 everyone to talk about . without my permission I feel violated because I am in my pajamas . is it illegal and what can I do.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:14 PM

NO

Ads

Not quite sure if it's illegal but if she said harsh things about you online, print screen the page and take it to the police as harassment.

Answer mine?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...830AAQtKta

I'm sorry not its not illegal for someone to do that, other wise every poparotiy would be in jail. My best advice would to ask them to take it down since you can delete your posts on Facebook

Maybe under the laws here, you have the right to be free of publication of private facts. Don't know about your country. You should not be harrassed though. Ask your son's stepmom to take it down orally then in writing.

It's not illegal to take pictures of someone and post it online. Though, it is possible to pressed charges on that person for invasion of privacy. If you did not give consent, you had the authority to ask that person to delete the picture and if that person refuses, you can take it up to the court and force her to.

Illegal? No,not in ANY jurisdiction I'm aware of. Even the UK.

Bad manners? Definitely.

What can you do? Nothing.

Welcome to the New Hell on Earth: Facebook.

HE WASn't looking in your windows to take the photo. Wasn't a voyeur. Your son and his father were playing with the Webcam and the camera was turned around and it appears you were in the scene and it was taken. You were in your son's room in your PJ's and in sight of the man. i am not sure where his wife was. I am assuming that this is your ex husband or ex-SO and he was in your home seeing your son. I am not seeing this as illegal but certainly unexpected and unwanted. You were in a place where the camera was going. I am not sure if your ex or your son turned the camera. You probably knew the Webcam was there though you had not expected to have a photo taken.
There was a case where a guy who was gay and his roommate turned on his webcam and left and the guy was in bed with a male friend and was taped. It was all put on the internet and he ended up killing himself because of the harassment. A judge determined that the room mate was not guilty of his death. That seems to me to be much more egregious than your situation. i can't think of something it violated. And you were not indecent in your PJ's or you wouldn't have been in the presence of your ex at the time. I am not sure why you are so upset about the photo but i didn't see the photo. I am not licensed and am not a registered attorney in any state. You may be able to ask FB to remove it, but not sure what else you can do about it.

why not just report the picture to FB and be done with it?

From your spelling of pyjamas, I'm guessing you're in the U.S., so go ahead and charge her with invasion of privacy. Also, any negative comments she has made about you can be construed as harassment, and you could maybe sue her for slander and defamation of character on top.