This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I temporarily stop my facebook addiction?
11-09-2012, 08:07 PM
How can I temporarily stop my facebook addiction?
I am nearing my End of Year exams, and I'm still very enthusiastic about using Facebook. Do you guys have any recommendations so that i can easily cut down my Facebook usage?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:16 PM

just stop like i used to be an addict of facebook. intead give somone a call
answer mine

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...512AAraHyj

Ads

hey the best way u can stop facebook addiction is sit for about 4-5 hts on onli 1 day nd surf as much as u can
den u will get bored of going bak for atleast 1-2 weeks
seriously works dats how i reduced my addiction!!
all d best

i used to be so obsessed with facebook, i'd stay up at night just to chat on fb.
however, i cured my habit by being obsessed with something else, so i guess if you find a healthier addiction such as studying that might keep you off facebook?
or if that doesn't work, format your internet so that the site http://www.facebook.com is blocked, so you can't access it even if you wanted to. that's probably the most effective way.

you have to set a limit of 1hr to use facebook, jus after that u've 2 log out of it and start preparin 4 ur exams....if u able to do that , then there would b fun cum satisfaction!!!!!

Face book addiction? Wow I never heard of that before? Either you knuckle down and study or you will fail your exams. Like you never heard that before. Perhaps you need some other thing to replace that addiction like alcohol, coke, meth habit, or heroin? Really you got it easy just back away from the computer and go for a Walk, Bike Ride, and hear some live music.

You could always give yourself 15 minute facebook breaks in between every couple of hours of studying. That way you have a motivation for studying (getting to surf facebook for fifteen minutes if you study for two hours) and you don't have to worry about missing out on facebook. If that doesn't work, you can temporarily deactivate your account, and then once finals are over you can reactivate your account.

You can deactivate your account for now.
But as soon as you log on again, it will reactive, so it probably won't be effective.
Just tell people to stop contacting you for a while unless it's URGENT.. and resist the urge, remind yourself about how important the exams are and how bad you'll feel if you fail.