This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I get my girlfriends dad to like me?
11-09-2012, 08:08 PM
How do I get my girlfriends dad to like me?
Because of a harmless facebook picture, her father assumes that I'm a hoodlum.
We went for a bike-ride at 1pm on a sunny afternoon and I'm accused of sneaking out.
Her dad can't stand me, yet he has yet to meet me in real life.
How can I get over this obstacle?
I'm not even allowed to see her anymore.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:16 PM

don't have sex with her
respect her and him.
go and introduce yourself to him

Ads

Haha you cant, im with my man 4 years and we have a daughter together, my dad still hates him. lol

write him a letter or tell your girlfriend to set up like a dinner and you can sit and talk all togeter

Ummmm, Quit looking like a hoodlum. This is my first response as a dad. My advice is to be respectful, friendly and realize that the girl is his whole world. You just can't imagine how it is until you are in the situation. I'm sure he's in protection mode because of his perception of you. You have to work on changing that perception. This will earn you points from both the girl and the dad.

Introduce yourself and try to explain the picture to him face to face. Show him that your not trying to steal his little girl. Thats what most fathers fear. Respect him and his daughter at all times. Dont say anything that your unsure if he will get angry about. Tell him how much you like his daughter and compliment him.

-Charityy <3

This could be a tricky quandary my friend. He's an overprotective father and I doubt that it's personal. I'm sure he's hated every single boy that his precious daughter has ever gotten close with. Just try to actually meet him and let him know that his daughter is special to you too and you won't ever treat her with anything but respect. I'm sure at the very least he will appreciate your up-front attitude and over time he will begin to let you into his circle of trust.