This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What can I do on fathers day without a dad?
11-09-2012, 08:08 PM
What can I do on fathers day without a dad?
Well, my dad left my mum when she was pregnant so she came here to the U.S (were hispanic ) with my grandparents that were already living here.I been having a step dad for like 3 years but its not the same.So what can I do today since everyone is bitching me out "i love my daddy" and "spending the whole day with my dad" on their status on facebook and its really annoying and heartbreaking. </3

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:17 PM

So who has been the father figure in your life? If not your stepdad, how about your grandfather?
And if you really feel that there is no one who fills the bill, just ignore all the comments - it's only one day and it's all over tomorrow.

Ads

Aww I feel your pain because I lost my father about ten years ago and was very close to him. Fathers day is the hardest because like you said, everyone is celebrating their father while I dont have one. What I do every year on Fathers day is go and buy a beautiful fathers day card and write him a letter saying everything I want to say to him and more. I have a box with 9 cards that I've written him so far. Anytime I miss him or long for him, I read all the letters I've written him and it makes me feel better. But in the meantime, say away from sites like Facebook and although its not the same, maybe you can celebrate your step father. Hope you feel better Smile

Just make sure you have your mothers birth last name..make sure you have her last name, father's day is not a big day, only mothers day is because really its mostly the mother that counts so don't feel bad, most fathers are jerks anyway. This is the norm...men are only good for sex, but but thats all. they aren't worth it.

I just got into this argument with some fucking bitch I know. Anyway, she was all pissed because she asked to hang out today and I told her I was golfing with my dad and she got all pissed. Basically, I would say get over yourself because it's been however many years and you managed just fine without a dad. I say fuck it, you didn't need a dad growing up and you don't need one now. As long as you have one nice relationship with your mom I would say go shopping with her or something like that, just hang out with your mom as a sort if "We're there for each other" kind of thing.

And you know all this is true, how? It is just as likely that she has been denying him access, as 40% of divorced and single mothers do.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...702AAfMFOj

http://DadsHouseEdCtr.org/FathersDay

My dad left when my mom was pregnant to and it's still heartbreaking even hearing someone talk about how much they love they're dad how great they're dad is cause mine sucks and so I just celabrate father's day as if it was another mother's day cause she does twice as much. My dad sucks and I wish I could give better advice but I haven't figured out how to cope so much either so if you do tell me, but one last thing don't try to pretend that you're dad will just turn around and you'll get a ball game in the sunset moment but think that he was probably a jerk or he wouldn't have left so just think that you got lucky not that it isn't fair, I mean I bet your mom is happier and your step-dad is not the same as your real dad but i bet it would me a lot to him if you asked him to go play ball or something, so instead of thinking that you lost somethink that you got something and made someone else happy please. It can be hard but I bet you are stronger.