This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I nicely tell my teen daughter that not everything she hears in her head has to end up as a FB status?
11-09-2012, 08:11 PM
How do I nicely tell my teen daughter that not everything she hears in her head has to end up as a FB status?
How do I nicely tell my teen daughter that not everything she hears in her head has to end up as a Facebook status update?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:19 PM

I have a better idea! Let your daughter be herself.

Ads

maybe let her know that some of her stuff is offensive... or private and therefore should be kept private.. and if its offensive... just say something like... "how would you like it if someone put up that status about you?" ... im sure as she gets older she will get out the habbit and not be as bad.. good luck Smile

fb is just a silly social website, and not everyone needs to know that you just got marker on your hand, idk?

Just let her experiment socially, she will learn all by her self when she aftewards feels embarressed for things she regrets to have posted.

First of all, why does it matter what she puts on her Facebook? You're her mom, you probably don't know what she and her friends think is cool. If you really want to start a mother/ teen daughter fight, ground her from Facebook except one hour a day, or tell her nobody gives a fuck, but I'd just let her go, or tell her to get a Twitter. There, the more updates the better.

Tell her that she needs to post more meaningful things. Tell her that not everything needs to be posted on fb. But say it as sweetly as possible.

Hide her statuses as telling her would be like hitting a brick wall, she might be bad but i imagine her friends are probably far worse. Also drop a subtle comment in here and there as nothing would zip her lip faster then having her mum pipe in but then you'll probably end up being put on restricted view from then onwards.

That's just teens these days, I guess I would know with be being one(14), if someone's eating toast they write about it on Facebook. But sometimes people let out their ideas on facebook when they feel no ones listening, so try listening to her. Or you could just tell her in a joke kind of way like "HONEY OMG I JUST MADE A CUP OF TEA! TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS! UPDATE YOUR STATUS! HURRY!!!!!!@#*&"

My sin was the sam way so he is only one hour of face book a day and I keep his phone home all day lol the is 16 also tho so I watch every thing