This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Adding a relative on facebook?
11-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Adding a relative on facebook?
I want to add an older relative (early 30s) on facebook. Normally I wouldn't ask this because I am friends with a lot of older relatives on facebook but she is not friends with any other relatives except her brother who I am also friends with which is how I found her. She probably will accept if I send her one but I don't know if I should since she is not friends with any other relatives on facebook except her brother. Should I send her a friend request now or wait till I see her next then bring it up?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:20 PM

It does not matter what other people think. It only matters how you feel about it. If you want to, why not.

Ads

You invite her and the choice to decline is up to her. She is not joining to be friends with all those you know, she would be on there for you. I have some on mine that I don't know from people that I do know. No big deal to me!

Send her an invite. She is a relative and you should be friends if you are fine with her. Its sad that any of the other relatives would care... its a stupid online stay in touch thing not high-school!

Face book is about your friends...so if you want to talk to her, then add her.

just invite her. it doesnt matter who shes friends with. i have a few cousins and an uncle on facebook. no biggie!Smile

You should still send her the invitation to be one of your friends. Even if she isn't friends with any other relatives, this maybe something to connect her with you and/or your other relatives. It's good to act now and send the invitation instead of waiting. It'll show that you obviously remember her and want to keep in touch.

Hope myself and the others are a help to you. Good luck and take care.