This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How did you get over a breakup?
11-09-2012, 08:14 PM
How did you get over a breakup?
Broken hearted. Waiting for his call or txt n its annoying the shit outta me .I gotta get over this. How did you do it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:22 PM

the next

Ads

First of all, do you honestly think that he's going to sit there and wait for you to call him, I think not! Listen, the only way to move on is to let go. What I had to do was just move on with my life. It was even more so hard because we had a daughter but even though that was the situation, it didn't make it feel less painful, if anything, it was more painful because of the constant reminder of him. God gives us the strength to survive because we are His children. Pick yourself up and get yourself together and let it go. If you are who he wants to be with then it will come to light, if not, let your mister right find you. There is someone out there who will appreciate you. Peace and many blessings to you.

if he is worth talking to you den cal him n ask his problem..let him know how much you misses him. let him know u cant live without him so dat one day u wont regret dat u dint say..dun let ur ego come in ur relationship. and if he is nt worth talking den occupy urself with things you like..outing vd frends..chilling out..internet surfing.. taking care of urself..do watevr makes you happy.. m sure u wil no more miss him..i know it is nt easy but u cant help it. its d way of life..good luck !

It helps to reclaim you singleness and enjoy your new found freedom and the best thing to do is to implement a No Contact rule. You do not text him, check his facebook page, or call him. You take all the things he gave you and put them in a box where you can't see them. Or throw them out even. And then you think about the bad times that happened in the relationship and why you guys broke up. You have to sober yourself up with what has really happened because when you break up, you tend to get into this mood where all you see are the good times that you miss. You can't move on if you continue to see only part of the picture. Whether you broke up with him or he broke up with you, you need to make up in your mind that it is over if you're serious about moving on. Getting out and doing things that you enjoy, doing things that you weren't able to do when you were in the relationship, or getting back to your hobbies, goals, or dreams can really help. Talking to close friends or relatives can help. But it's just making up in your mind that you can live without this person. And I found that the best way to get over things is to start improving other areas of your life to start being happy and fulfilled again. I've totally been there and its not so much trying to make yourself forget about him because time lessens the pain and does the work for you, but you want to continue to be active in your life, and start creating new happier and more progressive moments, because even if he's gone, you still have your life. I can finally say that I'm happy and feeling great after getting over my breakup It takes time, baby steps but you'll be okay.

P.S. - and don't think about trying to find someone else right away. It's also depressing to think about if at some point you thought he was the only perfect one for you. How will you find someone like him again? Don't ask yourself that, don't think about that. Everything will be fine. Just focus on giving yourself the time you need to heal. Then you'll have the focus you need to see things more clearly. I'm in a great relationship right now because I allowed myself a few months to calm down and discover what it is I really want in a relationship and in a partner.