This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So I defriended a guy on Facebook and now I miss him. What's wrong with me?
11-09-2012, 08:18 PM
So I defriended a guy on Facebook and now I miss him. What's wrong with me?
He was a jerk, plus he broke up with me in short, for another woman. So, I defriended him. Now I miss him alot and wish I didn't do that. Everybody says it's the right thing to do to get over him. Did I do the right thing? I don't want to add him back because he says his girlfriend is on facebook and he might not add me back.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:26 PM

Honestly he probably isn't thinking about you...so why bother thinking about him???

Ads

Women are attracted to jerks.

We love the challenge. Don't let him win. Move on cause he's just not that into you.

It hurts, but you have to just "move on". Years ago when I was on the receiving end of a breakup, I was advised that you really have to cut ties in order to recover (when the other person broke up with you and hurt you a lot). Sometimes you can be friends further down the road, but not when emotions are raw!

Plus, he's being a jerk about the whole thing. He might not "refriend" you? That's very juvenile. He should be remorseful about the situation and how he treated you. He is, in short, a jerk.

Don't add him back. That's ok that you miss him, but if you friend him back all you're doing to yourself is, well, torturing yourself. He's with someone else, and although you miss him, you'll only end up hurting yourself in the long run and find it difficult to get over him. Besides, like you said he was a jerk. You were right to defriend him... I used to stare at my ex-boyfriends profile ( didn't unfriend him) and it just drove me crazy... jealously, sadness, hurt... it's just a world of worse pain if you friend him. I hope this helps. I understand where you're coming from but DON'T friend him! Good luck

There's a chance you might be lonely or something. But seriously, remember he left you for another woman, which means he doesn't love you. If you remember that, you'll get less hurt.

VIVA LA RAZA!

There's nothing wrong with you, you just miss the feeling that you were loved and wanted in a relationship. What you don't need now is to let him know just how much you're pining for him. Stay defriended, friends don't do that to each other. This is when your real friends need to take you out, introduce you to new people and when you need to occupy yourself doing something else to keep him off your mind.

Do not cave in and let him back in your life. He betrayed you, and that is not something you should forgive. Those two deserve each other, and you deserve to find someone who will value you for yourself.

Just an FYI ~ I did the same thing... DEfriended a guy who was being an ass! I soon regretted having done that because I knew I had overreacted. A few weeks later I tried to add him back on, however he declined my request and it SUCKED! He moved on and left me in the dust. As of today, though, everything has come into perspective and I don't care. In perspective (key word here) it was the best thing I did. Don't second guess what you did. Own it!Give it some time, stop focusing on it. Eventually you wont care either. Especially if he is a jerk. You will come to see that. I did, when I found out he was playing me and other girls just the same. Few, was I glad I deleted him. Now I hold my head up high, and focus on what I have to look forward to rather than what could ev been, which wouldn't have been worth much! You are the better person, own that, too!:-) Hope this helps...