This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
who is joining the army or went through PT or BCT?
11-09-2012, 08:18 PM
who is joining the army or went through PT or BCT?
If so what's it like from your opinion? I want to join the army and want to chat with people who want to go or have been through the training. You can chat with me or email or follow me on Twitter @tiaa_baby or add me on MySpace thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:26 PM

I can only tell you MY experience.

June 10 - August 10, Ft. Jackson, SC.

After going through 3 or 4 days of tests, including a cursory physical (I bet the physicals are tougher now, at least I hope so), then on to 8 weeks of BCT.

Up EARLY in the morning, lots of people taking showers, shaving, etc., all at once. Virtually NO privacy, but so what? Short haircuts, get uniforms and boots, get yelled at a lot, do pushups for any/no reason (get used to hearing "Drop and give me 10"), learning how to disassemble and clean your weapon (it is NOT a 'gun'!), then you learn how to shoot, including night-shooting; then group maneuvers, squad and platoon maneuvers, learn first-aid, run everywhere, etc.

You'll lose weight, get muscles and you'll look great.
ESPECIALLY in your uniform, your dress uniform. be proud of that uniform, "marie."

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply