This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can you block someone on facebook chat without unfriending them?
11-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Can you block someone on facebook chat without unfriending them?
I have some of my relatives as facebook friends, and I don't want to unfriend them as that would cause some awkward questions later, but I also don't want to have to talk to them if I'm logged into the chat. Is there a way to keep them from seeing me online? (And logging out of the chat isn't a good answer because I might want to talk to other people.)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:28 PM

Unfortunately not... Sad I know where you are coming from though.

Ads

change the privacy settings for them so that they cant see your online
i think you can do that

I don't believe do unless you can elect an option called 'appear off-line" but this means you hVf to inniate contact with everyone ad you will appear offline to everyone.

Just keep them if they say hi say hi and then ignore them,.

Yep! Go to Account, then Edit Friends. Click on the create a list button, and add your relatives. Now, when you click on the chat button thing, two lists should pop up with green buttons next to them. One will be a list with your relatives, the other will be other friends. Click on the green button next to the relatives list, and you will now appear offline to them!(: Hope this wasn't too confusing!

yesss you can
you can create a list, by going into "edit friends". name the list, and people you want in your list, for example as you said your relatives. after you added anyone, you have to press create list. the list will appear in your chat, and you can go offline on them without having to go offline on your other friends!
hope this helped Smile