This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
In your opinion, should people be more careful on facebook?
11-09-2012, 08:22 PM
In your opinion, should people be more careful on facebook?
I have a facebook, but the agreement I made with my parents was to only invite close friends, giving me a grand total of 9. I noticed that most of my friends have got more than 100 people as their online buddies. I asked them about this and they later confessed to me that they hardly know anyone they have invited.
Is this a growing trend?
Should people be more careful on Facebook?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:31 PM

yes, we should. it is kind of ridiculous how people accept eandom people as their friends. a person can learn SO much about you from this. say your picture is you in your soccer jersey. a bad guy can look at your network (which is usually high school).. go to a game.. and know exactly who u are.. that creeps me out

Ads

yes cuz ppl are crazy even perhaps ur friends--all humans are capable of good and BAD

Well, unless you give away all your personal information; there's not much to protect. Listing things like favorite books and quotes doesn't really give people much information. If they hardly know the person, it's still better than a total stranger with some random username (like mine).

Facebook is one of the most secure social networks. Keep in mind that you can create different friends lists and restrict information to people on those lists.

because its fun meeting new people. i dont think people should be more careful. i just think people should be more careful about meeting ppl and stuff. i married a guy i met on myspace.

Yes: especially if your are working or looking for work. I would recommend you limit your views to friends only.

People should be very careful on face book and the internet in general. You don't know who these people are, they could claim they are an 18-year-old boy, when they are really a 40-year-old man. You could give out your personal information to a child molester and not even know it. People should be very careful where ever they are. Child molesters don't just hang out in schools and churches, they hang out anywhere kids are, even the farmers market. This is just a different world, and we all have to be careful.