This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i convince my parents to let me get a facebook?
11-09-2012, 08:24 PM
How do i convince my parents to let me get a facebook?
I need a facebook, but my parents are really good with computers and they think myspace and facebook is really unsafe which i disagree in(only facebook) and i dont know how to convince that facebook is safe and that everyone has one!?!? any tips??

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:32 PM

FaceBook and Myspace unsafe? Pshh! unless YOU reveal information about yourself nobody is going to try to trace you. Well first you can change your Yahoo! username to something more modest.

Ads

It is really unfortunate that society harps on the ill effects of things on the Internet and never praises the good things. It's a fear of you falling victim to the evil out there on the Internet. I answered a question like this before. I would suggest trying to come up with some kind of agreement or contract for MySpace or FaceBook useage and allow them to check it out every once in awhile for a specific period of time, then they quit checking it out. This may not work with some parents, but it does show you are not going to hide anything. I agree with the name deal, it needs to be more modest. Hope you find more answers to help you out. Best of Luck.

ANY social networking site can be dangerous if you allow it to be, not just Facebook and Myspace.

Tell your parents that you absolutely will not talk to any strangers and only add people you know as friends.