This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My fiancee does not want to change her status on Facebook to engaged?
11-09-2012, 08:27 PM
My fiancee does not want to change her status on Facebook to engaged?
Me and my girlfriend got engaged 2 weeks ago. She told her friends and her closest friend, but she refuses to change her relationship status to engaged on FaceBook (her status is single now). When I ask her why not she tells me its too much pressure... I need female perspective

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:35 PM

she doesnt love you

Ads

Ew. Not a good sign. Most women would be thrilled to share that information. Doesn't sound like she wants to be engaged to you. sorry.....

If it's "too much pressure" to change it on FB, there is no way she's planning a wedding....or a marriage.

Not official till it face book official lol

Well, how old are you two? I know that these days a lot of young people are saying they are "engaged" because they have the slightest feelings for each other. If you are of an appropriate age and the both of you are really taking this seriously, that is a HUGE problem. If it's too much pressure, she shouldn't have said yes in the first place, no offense. You may want to have a discussion with her asking her if she actually meant she would marry you or not. She may not be ready for marriage and only said yes because she still wants to see you, she just doesn't want to get married yet. Talk to her about it.

That's just weird. Most girls change their relationship status and post ring pictures first thing. They are super excited and can't wait to tell anyone who will listen all about it! I would talk to her about it and ask what she means by "too much pressure". I've honestly never heard of that.

I think it's just overwhelming when everybody keeps bugging you about the whole marriage thing, and like she said, it's a lot of pressure. She wants to keep it mostly between you and her, just for now.

Could be a good sign, could be a bad sign.The good sign is that she might not want to tell the whole world that she is engaged. She may want to keep it secret for her enemies or stalkers. The bad sign is that she might not love you or just wants the diamonds or she is cheating on you and she doesn't want her boyfriend to know she is engaged to someone else. I would think she is just trying to keep it away from the world. You never know! Be prepared!

she is definitely hiding it then . and that could only be because she is either talking to other people or she is looking to see if she will find someone else . So either way i promise u will end up with a broken heart in the long run. Its time to let her go , and find someone that is crazy bout only you

Do you wanna know why it's pressure..
Because if she's been hurt in the past... she could be scared.
You know your girlfriend, so don't allow these other answers to make you jump to conclusions that she's playing you!

The worst thing is to go from single to engaged...

And then months/years later when it doesn't work out have to change it from engaged to single.

It is THE worst feeling in the world. Maybe she's scared?
Just sit down and talk to her. Tell her how it makes you feel, and how it seems as though she may be ashamed or what not. Tell her that it means something to you. That should be enough <3

I REALLY need a males perspective on my question. If you could please read it and take the time to answer. I would appreciate it soooo much.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;...127AA45Nlx