This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do I take the security settings off my internet?
11-09-2012, 08:28 PM
How do I take the security settings off my internet?
I'm trying to update my twitter, but everytime I click to download something, a box appears saying 'Security Warning' and a lock keep appearing beside the url box. HOw do i take that off? Its bothering me real bad, and I want to finish my profile.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:36 PM

Step 1
Select "Start" on your desktop and open your Internet Explorer browser. Click on "Tools" at the top of your browser, and select "Internet Options" at the bottom of the list.
Step 2
Select the "General" tab to change your options for your home page, cookies and temporary Internet files, and to select how many days you want websites to remain in your computer's browsing history. Under the "General" tab, you can also adjust your computer's font color, default font style, the languages your computer will read and how you view certain webpages. When done, select "Apply" and then "OK."
Step 3
Select the "Security" tab to adjust your security settings. You can adjust the settings for the Internet or local network zone (if you have one). You can also specify a list of websites that you trust, as well as websites that you do not want your computer to be allowed access to. When finished, hit "Apply" and then "OK."
Step 4
Choose the "Privacy" tab to change what sort of website cookies have access to your computer. You can also turn your Windows XP pop-up blocker on or off under the "Privacy" tab. When finished, hit "Apply" and then "OK."
Step 5
Select the "Content" tab to change the settings for what your computer blocks. For example, if you wish to limit your exposure to objectionable language or nudity, enable the content advisor and then select the degree to which you want to censor such content. Under the "Content" tab, you can also view the certificates of web publishers to check their validity. You can also change your "auto-complete" settings. Auto-complete is the feature that fills in the rest of the information for you when you are typing in a name or email address. The last Internet setting you can adjust under "Content" is whether or not you want your computer to store your profile information. When done, select "Apply" and then "OK."
Step 6
Choose the "Connections" tab if you wish to set up or change any information about your Internet connections and Local Area Network connections. When finished, hit "Apply" and then "OK."
Step 7
Select the "Programs" tab to specify which programs you want Windows XP to use as the default for the listed services. These programs include email, HTML editor, newsgroup, Internet call, contact list and calendar. Simply click on the drop-down arrow next to each entry to select the program you wish to use. Here, you can also disable or enable any add-ons you may have on your computer, such as installed toolbars or Java programs. You can also select "Reset Web Settings" under the "Programs" tab to change all settings back to their original default settings. When done, select "Apply" and then "OK."
Step 8
Click on "Advanced" to get more specific with your Internet settings. For example, choose how pages open while you're browsing. Do you want links to open in a new window? Do you want your printer to print all colors in background images, or just text? Carefully read through each option before selecting or deselecting it. Choose "Restore Defaults" at the bottom of the page if you want Windows XP to restore the original settings. When finished, hit "Apply" and then "OK."
Hope it helps you for more information http://www.iyogi.net

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply