This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Am I way to controling in my relationship?
11-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Am I way to controling in my relationship?
so i have a boyfriend we have been together for 3 years got together in hs and i never thought i would be with this guy idk just want all that but ive grown love for him so anyways i cheated on him once he has cheated on me once that i know of that he did not tell me but others did and he confirmed it. well what is bothering me is that every single time i ask to see his phone he goes crazy like he doesnt even want me to touch it i feel like he is hiding something and it makes me not want to be with him its not just the phone it that instagram fackbook twitter anything he is like no why i dont ask to see yours am i just doing to much? he has giving me a reason to not trust him and so have i but anytime he want to know anything im honest about it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:36 PM

Someone I know has a husband who wouldnt let her touch his phone and turns out it was because he was having an affair. Now they're getting a divorce, and that's a married couple. He is definetly hiding something.

Ads

Girl... you are not way to controlling. If he wasn't hiding something, he woudl be able to show you his phone. Anyways, I wish you the best of luck and hope your relationship grows stronger!!!

I can understand why you're paranoid...i think you to sit down and talk about how you feel. If he doesn't understand where your coming from or is still defensive , i think you need to consider if you still want to be in the relationship....all relationships need a foundation of trust..if you don't have that , the relationship won't work
Hope that helps x

You shouldn't have to ask to see those things, and shouldn't press it... But it shouldn't be a problem for him to show you... So somewhere along the line it became a problem. Is there something in the past where you two fought because you got mad from seeing something on his phone or a social networking site?
It could be due to that. But if not, he is giving you a reason not to trust him.

since you both have cheated on the other, suspicion is a valid feeling for you to have. you should be able to check up on him, as he should on you. his going crazy about his phone may not mean he is up to something, but it certainly gives the appearance that he is. talk with him about this. tell him how you see it, and get his version of what truly is going on. appearance is everything tell him. and right now it appears that he is cheating.

That is not being controlling

You are not asking him something wrong. It's possible he is hiding something, but it doesnt have to be he's concealing something which regards your relationship. Either way he should be willing to show you and be open with you

I agree with the rest. I get wanting to have some space and privacy, but this seems a little excessive.

Speaking from his side: I have done this before, and yeah, I was cheating. My next gf knew about it (not the one I cheated on) and in order for me to gain her trust, I gave her the password to all of my accounts including showing her my phone bill lol After about 2-3 months it worked, and we've had a wonderful relationship for last 3 years and no I haven't cheated on her. Looks like he's going to be learning this one the hard way.

Move on... sounds like the relationship has reached a conclusion and you both really need to see what else is out there. Be honest with each other...If you are both straying then chances are you have not reached a point in your lifes where you feel contented with just one person.

Have a break and if you both decide later to come back together then it was meant to be. Don't wait till things are more complicated to make the break as it will only make things worse.