This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does facebook have so many adds now?
11-09-2012, 08:29 PM
Why does facebook have so many adds now?
My sister said i ruined the computer because the facebook on this computer has adds and hers doesn't. I didn't think i was a big deal, i just thought it was because facebook updated. how can i get ride of it or how did it get all of these adds?
Its not your usual add its in between peoples statuses.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:37 PM

when it got more popular, they new a lot more people would go on so they put ads on cause people would see them and that is the best place to advertise. u can block pop ups by the view button on internet but u cant block ads

Ads

It depends if you added some app that will attack your facebook with more ads than usual like if you fell in for that stupid add a backgroud crap, it can add like extra ads.

Facebook tracks all of its users by leaving little pieces of software called "cookies", cookies stay on your computer(unless you delete them) even after you are done using the internet. cookies keep track of everything you do on your computer, so then the next time you log back into facebook, facebook uses your cookies to bring you certain advertisements based on what you like to do on your computer. And facebook also has other third-party websites that they associate with that also put what is known as "third party cookies" on your computer too. Now, this can also lead to adware, which looks like what happened to you, install this program called advance care system 4 to get rid of the spyware, this will also get rid of the cookies on your computer too.(this program is free)

download link:
http://download.cnet.com/Advanced-System...ag=mncol;2

You Tube has been unsuccessful in their monetizing effort and FB is trying to one-up them.