This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to keep my facebook really private?
11-09-2012, 08:30 PM
How to keep my facebook really private?
I don't want anyone finding me by email I don't want anyone to add me unless I add them I don't want my face showing for my profile picture.How can I do this?I already changed my real name of facebook.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:39 PM

Click on settings on the top right corner... on facebook page

Ads

Click on settings then it will give you a list of options then choose the one you want....Hope I help!!!!

When you add people you can select 'limited profile' and choose your settings.

Sorry, friend, but it's hard to understand why you're on Facebook at all. Both Facebook and MySpace are social networking sites which basically means a community of friends sharing, along with the facility of making new friends

Go to Settings > Privacy Settings and there you can choose who sees your profile information, contact information, etc.

Hi. You can do the things you say going the the privacy configuration. Since the last changes in december your profile picture is treated as public information, which means it will be showed to anybody who looks for you.

This is what I wrote about this issue in a previous question:

"The problem with Facebook is that the new privacy settings don't allow you to have a complete control about how your data is revealed.

For example, if you have on your list of friends your mother and your father, and you want to hide some of your friends from them, you can't because the list of friends cannot be hidden from "friends". This is not the way it was two months ago, and people who had their list of friends hidden were forced to automatically reveal it, without even being informed about this.

So the problem is that the Facebook CEO reveals your data without any kind of punishment, any times he wants."