This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Im a Loner and I need Suggestions.?
10-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Im a Loner and I need Suggestions.?
So my problem is that im a male teen who rarely sees the light of day during this beautiful summer holiday. The daily schedule is pretty much wake up at 1 in the afternoon(as i sleep really late nowadays) go strait to the computer and do the exact same things i did yesterday meaning watching the same videos, playing the same games and looking up the same questions.Then at around 2 i eat breakfast and maybe switch from computer to Xbox... you know, to add a little danger and variety to my summer routine...... Anyways im not a complete loser and it isnt always like this. During school i was quite popular (Highschool) being the only grade 9 kid on my football team to score a touchdown. I did great in school and recently ive realised that im not a bad looker and many girls like me and ask for my number. My biggest problem physically is that i may need to gain a few pounds to stay a running back. Im also smart, contrary to many peoples beliefs, and was assessed as being gifted. The good gifted. Not the "gifted" gifted. Now when summer came it all went downhill.

Nothing bad. Nothing good. Just Nothing. I was asked to go out by the people that i didnt want to go out with, and the people that i thought were gonna hang out with me didnt. Long story short i now only hang out with my old friends that ive known scince grade three, that dont really like to go out, mostly just play video games and go paintballing. One of them is my best friend and he is pretty cool and has an older sister and their friends and we drink together and talk but he went to mexico and her sister and her friends have to work hard in university. I was supposed to go to mexico but my other friend cancelled and screwed the whole trip for us.

Now what most teens do is go on facebook and twitter and socailize but i hate doing that and i wish i could say it was because i like to get out but as you know, that is definetly not the case. My mom wont let me get a dog which is supposed to be good for these kinds of situations. My dad always compares me to other people who get out and its really taking its toll on me... so much so i took an extra credit course in history to do somthing and passed with an 85. Now there is nothing to do im too scared to go out and i cant get a job. I feel terrible when i see the people from my grade walk by my house in these big groups. Now im not arrogant cocky or mean or any of those personas outside of my house to push people away.in fact i would say that im mainly just average. sometimes i do great when sociallizing and other times i bomb. i feel like i have no definitive personality that distinguishes me from others. Frankly ive embraced the fact that i am now a loner and i need any kind of suggestions that can help me break free of this slumber. Ive been wearing the same shorts for four days!!! I really need help.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2012, 05:58 PM

Don't even worry about it bro -- keep trying and be yourself and be open and try to be polite and nice Smile and things will fall into place.. don't overstress it overthink it, because you will be fine Smile

Ads

10-02-2012, 05:58 PM

I'm a girl, and girls have it harder to be "social". But what you don't realize is, it's your life. If you want to get out more, go hang with your friends. At least you have (it seems like) several. You're not a loner. You're just having a relaxing summer. If it makes you feel better, I sit around on my a** all day and stuff haha. I only have 3 friends... and I'm going into 10th grade. Don't even sweat it.