This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what name should i use on facebook without my parents finding out?
11-09-2012, 08:34 PM
what name should i use on facebook without my parents finding out?
I am not allowed to have a facebook. My name is Ally. what name should i use so my parents dont find out that i have one?? My dad has a fb so he could find out if it was with my real name. Thxx!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:42 PM

find their fb profiles and block them

Ads

here is what i would do, tell everybody at school that you have a facebook but your going under the name "Brittany ralston" and go on Google images and take a picture of a teenage girl. make sure you delete your history.

Best of luck, "brittny" Smile

Lol try a nickname!! One that has nothing to do with your name or any nickname that ur parents know you by.Ask a friend to give you one or ask a guy lol it could be anything lols just try it!

Use your real name. Make your Facebook and the same night you make it, block both of them so they can't find out. Facebook's security is better than Myspace:

Couple things to know before you get one.

1. You will eventually show up on the "people you may know" tab and if you have pix. He'll know
2. If you share a computer there will be a possibility that you might get caught or leave it open or the password might be saved.
3. Parents always find out. Just be careful. My sister went about it the same way. I even helped her clear the history and protect her passwords but someone is always somehow connected on the Facebook.

that being said. Try using a nickname only your friends know you by.
Use a picture that isn't you but your friends can easily associate you with. (cartoon character, favorite show)

Now remember. BLOCK YOUR DAD! as soon as you get on. Search for your dad. and block him. Parents and Facebook dont mix. The reason you still have to be careful is because he has friends. His friends are probably parents of your friends and you don't want them saying "i didn't know Ally had a Facebook"

These are all the things you can do to keep it secret. Be careful, be safe, and don't be stupid.

is it so hard to find a fake name? just put some random thing together

You could use your middle name instead of your last name. A lot of people do that, actually. And for your profile picture you could use one that isn't of you so that he won't be able to tell if it's you or not. And yeah I know obviously your dad knows your middle name but you'll still be harder to trace that way...Also, when setting up your facebook use an email that he doesn't know you have. On facebook you can find people from their email addresses, so if you use an email address he knows you have he could find you.
To really be untraceable, block him. That way he won't know you have a Facebook at all... I won't recommend this though because if he finds out you'd probably get in a lot of trouble.
Hope that helped.

you can put a celebrity name. You can put some wrong information on "Info" button so that others wont recognize you. Block your parents and unfriend them.

Honestly, I wouldn't even get a facebook in the first place if it were me. I just deleted mine because it hate hate hate it. That said, try using the name Ally Oop. Wink