This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you guys think about the Caylee's Law petition?
11-09-2012, 08:34 PM
What do you guys think about the Caylee's Law petition?
Personally, I think its dumb. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about justice for Caylee, and I think Casey Anthony should be in prison for the rest of her life! But to make a law that says a parent has to report their missing child, I mean that should go without saying right? And I don't think its a common occurrence for a mother not to report a missing child?

Or is my argument all wrong?

Opinions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:43 PM

It sounds like a solution in search of a problem.

Ads

i dunno, depends on the time period given. i support the cause for it though. it broke my heart to find that a 2 yr old was murdered in the first place, and that such little action was done to find the actual murderer if they claim Casey didn't do it.
yes its a common occurance to report, but i guess they wanna make sure something like this doesn't happen again, that there's no excuse.

Never trust a law that's named after a victim. It's always the product of an irrational, emotion-driven push by "outraged" TV audiences (Nancy Grace, cough cough). And those laws are usually unconstitutional anyway, so it's sort of a waste of time.

This law just represents a desire by the TMZ/Nancy Grace/Fox News-watching crowd to be able to punish people despite not having proof of the underlying crime, just based on emotion.

Why would you want to give someone a life sentence when you can't prove that they were guilty? There was no proof of causation, so it's pretty insane to conclude that she was guilty.

You cannot make all the necessary laws to insure good parenting.

But I digress.

You are correct in your thinking, or at least with me you are.

There are things that we learn about the law as we go, and we can make changes to the existing laws as we go, but there is a line.

There are some people that should not be allowed to procreate, is Casey Anthony one of them? WHo knows.

Children don't come with instruction manuals, but on the flip side,"if common sense were 'common', everybody would have at least a little bit."

It will not cause any greater deterrent effect. If someone is going to harm their child in the first place, what's another felony charge for not reporting the disappearance?

Really, once you cross the line of God's laws ["Thou shalt not kill"] what attention are you going to pay to any little additional man-made laws?

I have noticed that the government loves to make laws to appear to do something.

The question is. Would such a law have altered the outcome and if not what use would it have been.

HEY EVERYONE THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT for the justice of Caylee Anthony and all innocent defenseless children in the world!

Please sign this petition if you think her mother Casey Anthony is Guilty of murdering her daughter and you want to appeal the verdict so she can be retried in Federal court!

PLEASE PASS ON this petition by posting anywhere on the internet such as your yahoo profile, facebook, myspace, blog, twitter, or even on the news websites and telling as many people as you can about it!!

USE THIS SITE TO SIGN:

http://www.change.org/petitions/the-us-s...eral-court

I, Kimberly Jones, signed this petition, to appeal the Casey Anthony Trial Verdict and hope and pray that she will be retried for the murder of her daughter Caylee Anthony, because even if there is reasons to doubt, that is not the same as reasonable doubt and in this case, the doubt was not reasonable. All the evidence is there that points straight to Casey being guilty!

Casey did not report her daughter for 31 days, because she was trying to cover up what she did. Casey whipped up chloroform from simple household ingredients and then dosed her daughter to knock her out. She then held her dead daughter in the trunk of her car until she came up with the lie that the nanny kidnapped her daughter, so she placed duct tape over her mouth to make it look like a kidnapping and wrapped her in a winne the pooh blanket, then in some trash bags, then in a laundry bag, and then threw her daughter in the woods 15 houses down from her home. She did this, so that she could have a better life, do what she wants, and get out of her parent's house.

The following diary entry by Casey Anthony is dated "June 21" and reads:

I have no regrets, just a bit worried. I just want for everything to work out OK. I completely trust my own judgment and know that I made the right decision. I just hope that the end justifies the means. I just want to know what the future will hold for me. I guess I will soon see—This is the happiest that I have been in a very long time. I hope that my happiness will continue to grow—I've made new friends that I really like. I've surrounded myself with good people—I am finally happy. Let's just hope that it doesn't change.