This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can my school see what im doing on my laptop while im not at school?
11-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Can my school see what im doing on my laptop while im not at school?
im sick today and am not at school. im on twitter, tumblr, facebook, etc. my librarian can see what all of us are doing on our laptops during school. but since im not at school, im on a different internet connection. can she still see what im on if im not at school and on a different internet connection????

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-09-2012, 08:44 PM

no....you arent on the school network when you are at home.

Ads

nope... unless they installed software on it without your permission

As long as your are using the school's wifi or internet connection, they can track you, unless of course like the others said, they put a program on your computer. But more than likely, you are free

the public schools we go to are not allowed to look at stuff on your laptop unless like the guy above me said, "only if they put software on it without you permission." they are also able to go on your laptop if they suspect that your doing something you shouldn't be doing such as, looking up how to make drugs, or making a bomb. in conclusion, the schools of america will not penetrate your privacy unless they have reasonable suspicion that your up to something.

hope this helped!